- 19 december, 2019
- Posted by:
NKT/Technology Consulting is a dynamic workplace with an atmosphere characterized by development and learning. Facilities include modern laboratories and high-performance computing and you will be working with colleagues who are experts in their specific fields. Through the range of different R&D projects and customers assignments, there will be great opportunities to build a wide network of technical partners and business units.
- Contribute to future design of High Voltage and Medium Voltage products as the R&D Modeling and Simulation Expert in dielectric, electrical field distribution, thermodynamic and mass transport phenomena in materials.
- Development new theory for Direct Current (DC) electric field dynamics based on chemical composition, dielectric properties, and electric field distribution.
- Understand our internal and external customer needs and technical requirements as well as their business drivers. Actively seeks and implements initiative to improve project results.
- Apply a wide variety of scientific principles and technology concepts to achieve project results and solve problems efficiently. Submits invention disclosures – and implements creative ideas based on customer needs.
- Masters and drives development within own expertise area, as well as maintaining knowledge of other related areas and disciplines in order to make connections between them.
- Identify and manages risks in R&D projects.
- Take part of technical review in close communication with other project manager and technical experts.
- Track the scientific and technological advancement through networking.
- Ph.D. degree in Computational Physics, Computational Chemistry, Thermo & Fluid dynamics, or Physical chemistry with 3 years or more of relevant experience as a R&D scientist or similar role.
- Broad knowledge of methods used in material property simulations including Molecular Dynamics and Density Functional Theory (DFT).
- Successful track record demonstrated on electrical, thermal and/or mass transport simulations in materials.
- Deep knowledge of Comsol Multiphysics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, in English and Swedish
- Self-driven, innovative, structured and systematic thinking.
- Strong in effective problem-solving, and high quality and accurate documentation.
Location: Västerås, Sweden.
About NKT NKT is a global company with headquarter in Broendby, Denmark. We are a leading cable and cable accessories supplier to the energy sector. The company has approximately 3,500 employees, 14 production sites in Europe and sales offices across the world. In 2016, NKT realized revenue of EUR 1bn. NKT is owned by NKT A/S, listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen. Please read more at www.nkt.com
Our people are the key to success The culture in NKT is founded on high ambitions, strong performance and dedication, and we have a clear aim to be a workplace where the best people in the industry prefer to build their careers. In support of our overall strategic goals NKT offers its people an environment with continuous opportunity for personal development.
Register your application (CV and Personal letter) on www.norenlindholm.se or through the button below, as soon as possible. Selection and interviews are ongoing.
For further information about this position, Recruiting Manager Claire Pitois +4670-368 08 06 and Recruiter Anna Hemmingsson at Norén & Lindholm, +46 21-81 18 88.
Welcome with your application!